Who’s taking part in the Smart Data Zone

I’m a Scientist, Get me out of here! is back this November. Between the 5th and the 16th, students at 13 schools will be putting their questions to 5 scientists in the Smart Data Zone.

For the latest news and announcements about the event find us on Twitter, @imascientist, and follow the hashtag, #IASIE.

The Smart Data Zone is supported by Science Foundation Ireland

Sheila Castilho | Postdoctoral, ADAPT Centre, DCU

We build systems just like google translate and I have to tell if they are good or not, so people can use them!

Piyush Arora | Postdoctoral, ADAPT Centre, Dublin City University

My research focuses on making learning and searching for information through Web convenient and easy. Trying to make machine intelligent to understand humans and retrieve answers to our questions effectively and efficiently.

Natalia Resende | Postdoctoral, ADAPT Centre, Dublin City University

I help to improve the quality of texts translated by a translation engine such as Google translate.

Gary Munnelly | PhD Student, ADAPT Centre, Trinity College Dublin

I try to teach computers how to read and understand documents like letters, diaries and books so they can help people who work in museums to get a better understanding of our history.

Dimitar Shterionov | Postdoctoral, Dublin City University, ADAPT Centre

I create computer programs that can understand your language and then can translate it into any other language and help people speak with each other all over the world.

The Schools

• Trinity Comprehensive School, Dublin
  • St Gerard’s School, Wicklow
  • St Caimin’s Community School, Clare
  • Scoil Mhuire Gan Smal, Cork
  • Regina Mundi College, Cork
  • Pobalscoil Chorca Dhuibhne, Kerry
  • Moneystown N S, Wicklow
  • Midleton College, Cork
  • Grange Community College, Dublin
  • Gaelscoil Na Cruaiche, Mayo
  • Gaelcholáiste An Phiarsaigh, Dublin
  • Coláiste Cholmáin, Cork
  • Bridgetown College, Wexford
Posted on October 29, 2018 by modamy in News. Leave a comment